URGENT UPDATE: We are still open - 1st November 2020
With the announcement that England is due to go into a second national lockdown on Thursday 5th November, we would like to reassure all our patients, new and existing, that we will remain open and fully operational during the second lockdown. All consultations and surgeries booked will continue as normal, and we are still taking new bookings for all consultations and surgeries, whilst following the guidance from the government and Public Health England.
Please ensure you are still practising strict social distancing and carrying out regular and thorough hand washing. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us via our website message function, or call us on 0116 270 8033, otherwise we look forward to seeing you all soon.
We are committed to ensuring the safety of all our patients and staff, and have implemented numerous safety measures covering every aspect of day to day activity within the hospital, with key points including:
- Hand sanitising and temperature checks compulsory on arrival for all persons entering the hospital, including staff, patients and carers (alternative non-alcohol based hand sanitisers and hand washing facilities are available for those that prefer not to come into contact with alcohol).
- Compulsory face masks for all patients, carers and staff on arrival.
- Declaration forms required to be filled out on arrival for all persons entering the hospital.
- Limited numbers of patients and strict social distancing throughout all areas of the hospital.
- Patients required to enter the hospital alone, unless they require assistance from a carer or relative due to language/mobility issues.
- Greater reliance on telephone communication where possible including follow-up.
- All patients arriving required to phone reception and wait until requested to enter.
- All patients who have been booked for surgery will be required to practice strict social-distancing along with all members of their household 14 days prior to their date of surgery.
- Patients who are displaying COVID-19 symptoms or are a potential risk of infection to others will not be allowed into the hospital.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Who are we?
The Stoneygate Eye Hospital is the only dedicated comprehensive private eye Hospital within the East Midlands. Situated in the leafy suburb of Stoneygate in Leicester, we are proud to have been supporting and working with the local community for the past 6 years. Run by a team of University Hospital Leicester (UHL) consultants, each highly experienced within their respective fields of Ophthalmology, and supported by an experienced, friendly and diverse team of nurses, healthcare assistants and administrative staff. We understand that your vision is precious and delicate, and that whilst complications can be daunting, our team is here to ensure you receive the best possible outcome with outstanding care and support throughout.
At The Stoneygate Eye Hospital, we pride ourselves on our excellent patient care from your initial phone call right through until the end of your after-care. Our Doctify and Google reviews speak for themselves.
Featured right is one of our satisfied patients Mr Walters telling us about his experience with Stoneygate, click on the video to watch.