Clinical Governance and standards of practice
All the consultant eye surgeons at our Eye Hospital are opinion makers and teachers in their field of expertise. They are all based at the local teaching University Hospitals of Leicester. They regularly audit their results and have professional appraisal on an annual basis.
We at the Stoneygate Eye Hospital regularly audit our results and are committed to mainitain consistently high standards of clinical practice. All patients have access to feed back forms to give their personal positive and negative experiences. We are proud to take extra care in complying with all the regulations and make public our clinical performance data to enable comparison with the benchmark figures. Maintenance of high standards in all areas ensures safety and forms one of the cornerstones of clinical excellence.
Patient reported outcomes
We, at the Stoneygate Eye Hospital will be using VF-14 whereby the patients are requested to complete a baseline survey before their cataract operation and the same survey four months later. We aim to publish these scores on our website.
The VF-14 survey uses a 0-100 scale – with 100 being the highest score possible.
Cleanliness and infections
- We only see and operate on patients with eye problems – you will not be coming in contact with patients with other diseases – reducing the risk of cross infections even further
- We use single use instruments were possible assuring very little risk of cross infections
- For surgery we give timed arrivals and departures with a minimal stay in the hospital
- Significant investment in new state of the art theatre and diagnostic equipment
- In addition to our own team of housekeepers we have an external specialised firm for the clinical areas who provide an independent audit of our cleanliness
- Staff receive regular training in cleanliness and infection control
- Our operating theatre is specially designed for eye surgery with laminar air flow, a state of the art air filter system, for all eye operations to minimise the risk of infection. This theatre is used only and exclusively for eye surgery thus reducing the risk even further. This is again maintained and audited by an external firm for transparency
- We have implemented numerous COVID-19 safety precautions and additional procedures to protect you. More information can be found on the home page or by contacting us directly on 0116 270 8033.
The central plank of our practice is to provide the highest quality medical and surgical care set in an exclusive eye surgical centre. This is achieved through clinical excellence, sound clinical governance, transparent pathways with external auditing were possible.
The Stoneygate Eye Hospital is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who are an independent regulator of health and social care in England. Information relating to their last inspection of The Stoneygate Eye Hospital can be found by visiting their website, cqc.org.uk or by click the link below: