Information for Private Insured Patients
Stoneygate Eye Hospital is recognised by the following private medical insurance providers:
We recommend that you contact your insurance company for approval before attending for an outpatient appointment or procedure to check that your cover is adequate, and that your condition is covered.
You may find that you have an excess or treatment that may not be covered by your policy. If this is the case, we will be happy to discuss possible financing options with you.
For instance, is there:
- An excess on your policy?
- An annual outpatient charge limit?
- Outpatient cover regardless of admission to hospital?
Please bring the following documents with you when you visit the hospital:
- Insurance company name and scheme details.
- Membership or policy number.
- Any confirmation of eligibility provided by your insurance company, such as Pre-Authorisation or claim reference number.
Patients without full insurance details will be asked to pay for any clinic charges directly. The initial consultation will be billed following your appointment, where as we will require full payment for surgery upfront before your appointment. We can take card payments over the phone or have a chip-and-pin machine on reception.
Please note: We accept all major credit and debit cards, but due to excess charge are unable to take American Express.