Mr Vijay Savant
Mr Savant has published and presented work in national and international journals and meetings. He is a reviewer for several international peer-reviewed journals including:
- British Journal of Ophthalmology
- Contact Lens and Eye
Mr Savant is also a member of the following associations:
- British Medical Association
- UK Cataract and Refractive Surgery Society
- European Cataract and Refractive Surgery Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
GMC number: 5186341
Year of qualification: 1988
Medical qualifications: MBBS, DOMS, MS, FRCS (Ed), MRCOphth
Services that Mr Vijay Savant Provides:
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Toric Implants – for astigmatic correction
- Multifocal IOL
- Laser Refractive Surgery
- Femtosecond LASIK, LASEK, EPI- LASEK
- Presbyopia treatment
- Clear lens Extraction with Multifocal Intraocular Lens Implant
- Corneal transplants
- Penetrating, lamellar and endothelial keratoplasty
- Collagen Cross Linkage
- Allergic Eye Disease
- Infective Keratitis – herpetic and acanthamoeba
- Teaching and training
Consultant Ophthalmologist and Lead Clinician for Emergency Eye Services, University Hospitals of Leicester, UK
Mr Savant completed his specialist training at Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre. He also completed a junior fellowship in uveitis and inflammatory disorders at the University of Birmingham and a corneal fellowship in Birmingham and Leicester.
Mr Savant has vast experience in general ophthalmology and cataract surgery. He has been a Corneal Consultant for last three years and is currently Lead Clinician for Emergency Eye Services at University Hospitals of Leicester.
Mr Savant 's research includes:
- Acanthamoeba keratitis – diagnosis and drug sensitivity, research with University of Leicester
- Recurrent adenoviral keratitis – role of topical cyclosporin
- Corneal vascularisation – role of subconjunctival bevacizumab
Mr Savant also speaks the following languages: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi and Marathi
For self-pay patients:
The cost of a consultation will not exceed £200, whilst any additional follow-up appointments not already included within the price of surgery will not exceed £125.
For privately-insured patients:
The following costs are billed to your insurance company. The cost of a consultation will not exceed £200, whilst any additional follow-up appointments not already included within the price of surgery will not exceed £125. For any follow up appointments arranged outside of your insurance cover, these are billed at the standard self-pay patient rate.
The Stoneygate Eye Hospital is owned by the LLP run by consultants and their services are paid for. All six consultant directors own an equal share of the LLP, equalling 16.66% per head.