The Stoneygate Eye Hospital Covid 19 Policy
We want to reassure all our patients and visitors that we are currently still remaining open for all surgeries and consultations for new and existing patients. We will continue to follow government guidance and update you if anything changes. We are committed to ensuring the safety of all our patients and staff, and have implemented numerous safety measures covering every aspect of day to day activity within the hospital, with key points including:
- Hand sanitising and temperature checks compulsory on arrival for all persons entering the hospital, including staff, patients and carers (alternative non-alcohol based hand sanitisers and hand washing facilities are available for those that prefer not to come into contact with alcohol).
- Compulsory face masks for all patients, carers and staff on arrival.
- Declaration forms required to be filled out on arrival for all persons entering the hospital.
- Limited numbers of patients and strict social distancing throughout all areas of the hospital.
- Patients required to enter the hospital alone, unless they require assistance from a carer or relative due to language/mobility issues.
- Greater reliance on telephone communication where possible including follow-ups.
- All patients arriving required to phone reception and wait until requested to enter.
- All patients who have been booked for surgery will be required to practice strict social-distancing along with all members of their household 14 days prior to their date of surgery.
- Patients who are displaying COVID-19 symptoms or are a potential risk of infection to others will not be allowed into the hospital.
Whilst we remain open and fully operational, please can we ask all our patients to ensure you are still practising strict social distancing and carrying out regular and thorough hand washing. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us via our website message function, or call us on 0116 270 8033, otherwise we look forward to seeing you all soon.